BASIS Independent Brooklyn Lower is seeing Part Time Camp Counselors for summer of 2021!
The role of the Camp Counselor is to work with young students to create a positive environment that enriches their education experience during the summer. The Camp Counselor is responsible for teaching, planning, coordinating, and carrying out activities and guiding campers in their personal growth and daily living skills. Other responsibilities involve greeting campers when they first arrive, explaining and enforcing camp rules, and providing emotional support to campers struggling to adjust to the environment.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior.
- Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff.
- Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers in their camper group activities and throughout the camp in order to meet the intended camper outcomes.
- Represent the camp when interacting with Parents or Community members.
- Develop opportunities for positive interaction between campers and staff.
- Ensure that all daily attendance records are accurate and up to date.
- Keep the group of children together and take frequent face to name checks.
- Follow lesson plans provided by Camp Coordinator and Camp Director.
- Participate in the development and implementation of program activities for campers within the mission and outcomes.
- Ability to obtain or currently have certification in CPR/AED and first aid training.
- Lead and participate in a variety of camp activities such as games, songs, sports, skits and special events.
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with the school/camp child disciplinary process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Organized- Ability to develop and maintain order while documenting, filing and coordinating tasks
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Communication- Effectively convey information both verbally and in writing. Communicated in a manner that is clear, complete and concise.
- Accountable: Ability to take responsibility for own work, establish trust, and be receptive to feedback
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Diploma (or equivalent) or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Certifications and Credentials: Valid Finger Print Clearance Card and or applicable state background check.
Experience: 2+ years in a role with relatable job duties; Experience with children is preferred.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.