San Jose, CA
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley is seeking qualified candidates for an Admissions Manager!
Who we are...
The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to redefine education by raising the levels of student learning to the highest international standards. Every BASIS Independent school provides a joyful learning community where hard work is celebrated and intellectual pursuits result in extraordinary outcomes. In just a few years we have established five highly-regarded private schools (PK-grade 12) in some of the world's most dynamic regions: New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What you will do around here...
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley, a Transitional Kindergarten-grade 12 private school, is seeking a driven, personable, detail-orientated, and highly organized Admissions Manager to help manage the admissions process for two campuses including BASIS Independent Silicon Valley Lower (TK-Grade 5), located in Sunnyvale and BASIS Independent Silicon Valley Upper (Grades 6-12), which is located in San Jose. This role will have extensive interaction with parents and students. The ideal candidate will be passionate and articulate about sharing with families our nationally recognized program, will have outstanding communication, organization, detail-management, and project management skills, and will be goal driven. The candidate must be comfortable working with database systems and Microsoft Office.
- Manages the full-cycle admissions process from application submission to enrollment. This includes organizing, building and maintaining the admissions appointment calendar, administering family meetings, play dates, and entrance exams in our application database.
- Actively maintains, in tandem with the Admissions Coordinator, a digital database of all applicants. The Admissions Manager actively completes all applications, moving completed applications to review, and assists with admission notification.
- Maintains the integrity of all admissions records, tracks applicant status, and assists applicants in the admissions and enrollment process.
- Ensures a world-class experience for prospective parents and students by providing excellent customer service, including answering applicants' questions throughout the application process.
- Represents the school and disseminates appropriate information to prospective students and other interested parties.
- Help coordinate admissions activities, including attending admissions events throughout the season.
- Works cooperatively to provide appropriate data for purposes of reporting and research. Will need to use our CRM and application software system daily; training is provided.
- Will be an active participant of the admissions team and assist with general duties when necessary.
To join our team you must...
- Have exceptional organizational and detail-management skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure.
- Have attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be comfortable with nontraditional work hours; evenings and some weekends per month are a must
- Have a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends to attend Information Sessions, Admissions Events and Community Events.
- Be customer-service oriented with a clear drive to play a leading role in building the student body.
- Have superior follow-up skills with the ability to guide prospects to positive conclusion.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have patience, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Enjoy working in an environment serving children.
- Navigate and maintain database integrity.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2-3 years in a sales, customer service, marketing role, or similar field.
- Experience working with young students is highly preferred.
The Nitty Gritty...
Reports to: Director of Admissions
- Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Eligible participants may receive a 50% Company match for the first 10% of employee earnings deferred.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: Spring Education Group, including, but not limited to SEG Inc., BASIS Independent Schools, LLC, and their affiliates (collectively "Company") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring, and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.